HOW TO TAKE CARE OF ASTHMA
First of all, let us know what is asthma? Asthma is a disease in which the breathing passage of lungs is affected. Asthma is caused by chronic inflammation of these passages. It is a long term inflammatory disease.
Symptoms of asthma are-
- Chest Tightness
- Shortness of Breath
The symptoms worsen during the night.
Asthma can’t be cured but can be controlled. Some of the following steps can help in controlling asthma.
- Try to prevent yourself from coughing, shortness of breath.
- Work with your doctor and create a plan that can help you in asthma management.
- Talk to your doctor about the medicines that can keep you healthy and active. Asthma action plan gives proper guidance on how and when you have to take your medicine and avoid asthma triggers.
- It is also important to know your trigger for some its cats, dogs, dust, pollen. Be aware of your trigger and try to stay as far as possible.
- Keep a hack of your asthma. Get regular check ups and check your peak using peak meter
- Keep your asthma pump near yourself every time.
- In a case of emergency don’t wait for the situation to get worsens and get yourself checked by the doctor.
These are some of the useful advice that you can follow if you or your near and dear ones are suffering from asthma.