Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 box Super Moist Cake Mix White
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4Teaspoon vanilla
- Sides of the 5-quart round slow cooker with 1 piece of cooking parchment paper; trim edges if needed. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 1/4 cups milk, 1/3 cup melted butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Remove 2 1/2 cups batter to medium bowl; set aside. To remaining batter, beat in 1/4 cup cocoa until well blended.
- Place very carefully 1/2 cup of the white cake batter into center of a slow cooker. Do not spread batter. Pour 1/2 cup of the same consistency of chocolate batter on top and in the center of white batter in slow cooker. Do not spread batter. Let batter spread on its own. Repeat placing remaining batters, 1/2 cup at a time, in the center, alternating between white and chocolate batter. The batter will look like a bull’s eye design when finished.
- Cook on low heat setting 1 hour. Remove slow cooker’s ceramic insert, leaving the cover on, and rotate insert 180 degrees. Continue to cook on low heat setting 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. transfer slow cooker to cooling rack. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 1/4 cups softened butter and 1/3 cup cocoa with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 3 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. On low speed, beat in 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. If frosting is too stiff to spread, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread frosting on side and top of the cake.
- When ready to serve, in a small bowl, beat 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla with spoon until well blended. If frosting is too stiff and thick to pour, add additional little milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Pour and spread all over the top of the cake, allowing some to drip down on each side. Store covered in the refrigerator.