Whenever we want to relax and rejuvenate ourselves from the monotonous life, we think of spending time in the snow-capped mountains, appreciating the beauty of nature while sipping a hot cup of coffee. Coorg is one such place.
Coorg is famously known as the Scotland of India and is a rural district in the state of Karnataka. The alluring place is nestled in the midst of mountains and picturesque landscape. The astonishing scenery, lush greenery, warm coffee plantations enhance the beauty of the Coorg.
There are plenty of reasons that will convince you to pack your bags and hop onto Coorg.
- Adventurous trekking at the peak of the city – Enjoy the joy of trekking while reaching the peak of this beautiful city. Trek through the route from Kakkabe to the highest peak of this region, Thadiyandamol. Once you reach the peak you will see a breathtaking view that is beyond describing in words.
- Gorgeous waterfalls –Abbey Falls and the Iruppu Falls are two of the most beautiful waterfalls of India.The scenic background will provide you the best picture and make your friends envy.
- Fun and Loving Elephant camp– It is one of the sweetest places to visit in Coorg.Dubare elephant camp is an elephant capturing and training camp of the Forest Department of Coorg. It is located between Kushalnagar and Siddapur on the banks of river Kaveri. Besides elephant, you can also spot the Deers, Bisons, Peacocks, woodpeckers, kingfishers etc in Dubare forest range.
- Feel a connection with God at the Namdrolling Monastery-Namdrolling Monastery is upholding the teachings of Buddha and as soon as you enter the monastery you will feel a connection with god.
- Aromatic coffee plantations– The scenic Coorg is surrounded by aromatic coffee plantations. The refreshing aroma of coffee will refresh your mind and body.
- Omkareshwara Temple – influenced by the Islamic architecture Omkareshwara temple is located in the heart of Madikeri hill station. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. You can experience peace within while sitting near the nectar pool and chanting the prayer of Lord Shiva. OMKARESHWAR TEMPLE