Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 12 Mins
Total Time: 17 Mins
- 1 cup long grain rice (you can use any long grain rice)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup corn kernels (I am using frozen corn)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (ground, jeera)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (I prefer lime juice but lemon juice will work)
Properly wash the rice and drain out all the water.
In a nonstick frying pan heat the oil, over medium-high heat, when oil is moderately hot add the rice and stir-fry for about 4 minutes till rice is lightly toasted only.
Add all the vegetables, jalapeno pepper, corn bell pepper, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes.
Add cumin powder, salt and tomato sauté, stirring frequently for about 3-4 minutes. Until most of the moisture from tomatoes has evaporated.
Add water stir and bring it to boil, lower the heat to low. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated. Uncover the pan let it sit for about 2-3 minutes without stirring.
Add cilantro and lime juice and fluff the rice gently. Rice is ready to serve.